North East Derbyshire District Council have published some information on their website to inform people about the £150 energy rebate as part of the Government Initiative for Energy Crisis:
As part of the government’s initiative to help households with rising energy costs, they have announced a £150 Energy Rebate for certain households.
North East Derbyshire District Council (NEDDC) will contact you about the payment which will be made automatically if you pay your council tax by direct debit (payment expected to be made in April/May 2022) and you will be sent a letter.
If you don't pay council tax by direct debit, NEDDC again will contact you via a letter detailing how you can claim the £150.
The information below will help clarify any questions you may have:
Who can get this £150 rebate?
You will get the £150 energy rebate if:
- your property is in council tax band A to D (or band E where there is a disabled band reduction)
- you are liable to pay council tax
- the property is your sole and main residence on 1 April 2022.
You will not be eligible if:
- your property is a second home
- your property is empty on 1 April 2022
- you are in Council Tax bands E to H (band E properties are eligible where there is a disabled band reduction)
Only one payment of £150 can be paid per property.
Read the full eligibility criteria on the North East Derbyshire District Council website.
Why does the £150 rebate not show on my Council Tax bill?
- This is because the rebate is awarded as an actual £150 payment rather than a credit being allocated to your Council Tax account.
When will I get the £150?
If you are eligible, NEDDC are making arrangements to get this paid as soon as we can (expected to be April/May 2022)
Please do not contact NEDDC to chase this payment, we will be in touch with you.
How will NEDDC make the payment?
If you pay council tax by direct debit:
- As NEDDC have your bank details, they anticipate paying the money into your bank account using the details they currently hold during April and May 2022
- If you don’t already pay by direct debit, you can set up a direct debit online
If you do not pay by direct debit:
A process is currently being considered for the accounts where the council does not hold a live Direct Debit instruction for an eligible household. This process may include an online application form, however they will be in contact with you to confirm how you can receive your £150 payment.
Does this mean I don’t have to pay my council tax bill?
No – you must continue to pay your council tax bill as per the amounts and dates shown on your bill. If you are struggling to pay, please contact NEDDC.
My property is not in bands A-D am I entitled to the £150 payment
There will be a discretionary scheme for those households who occupy a band E to H property.
NEDDC are currently working on the scheme. Once the eligibility criteria has been established, they will update their website with the details of who may be eligible and how they can apply.