At this time of year, we can start to look forward to spring and the start of longer days. Snowdrops will be out and other spring bulbs beginning to come through.
If you’re inspired to start gardening here are a few things you can do in February and March:
- Plant summer-blooming bulbs
- Mow the lawn if it needs a trim - it probably is after the long, hard winter months
- At the end of March divide bulbs like snowdrops
- Tackle the weeding. As the garden comes back to life after winter so do the weeds so best to catch them!
- Prune roses to encourage strong new growth
- Fertilise vegetable beds with compost or well-rotted manure to prepare for the growing season ahead.