We are aware that over the past few months there have been an increasing number of customers reporting suspicious callers to their home.
Some of the incidents have involved ‘workmen’ cold-calling at a property, claiming to be from Rykneld Homes, or North East Derbyshire District Council, and requesting entry to carry out a repair that the customer has not asked for. The workmen have then asked for payment.
We want to make clear the procedures we follow when carrying out a repair in your home:
- We will only carry out a repair if you have contacted us first and an appointment has been made
- Our operatives, or contractors, will not ask you for money for the repair
- All our staff and operatives and contractors carry ID badges.
If you are unsure who the caller is, there are some steps you can take:
- Check to see if you know the caller from the window
- Keep the door on the chain and look to see who is calling before opening
- You can ask the caller to wait outside whilst you check their identity by calling us on 01246 217670.
If you have any doubts about a caller claiming to be from Rykneld Homes, or working on our behalf, you should call us on 01246 217670 .